How ’bout that George H. W. Bush? Here it is – his 85th birthday – and he celebrates it by going skydiving! Isn’t that truly remarkable? When asked his reason for jumping, he said:
“Just because you’re an old guy, you don’t have to sit around drooling in the corner,” he said. “Get out and do something. Get out and enjoy life.”
What a great philosophy! He really thinks outside the norm. Maybe that’s one of the reasons he became our President?
Here’s another thought that’s “outside the box:”
Christian Fiction is for MEN, too!
Yep, that’s right. Christian Fiction is not just about damsels in distress, prairie romances or sweet historical any more. There’s some authors out there who write gritty, adventure and suspense novels that might just interest men – or any women who enjoy the same.
Here are a few of those writers (in no particular order):
- Robert Liparulo – award-winning journalist. Writes fast-paced suspense. Newest Release: Deadlock
- Brandt Dodson – former FBI agent. Writes dark suspense and crime thrillers. Newest Release: Daniel’s Den
- Matt Bronleewe – award-winning music producer. Writes suspense featuring an “adventure addicted rare book seller,” August Adams. Newest Release: House of Wolves
- James Scott Bell, former attorney, Writer’s Digest contributor and speaker. Writes suspense and inspirational fiction. Newest Release: Try Darkness (Try Fear – Coming July 2009)
- Eric Wilson, writer, husband, father. Writes supernatural thrillers and suspense. Newest Release: Haunt of the Jackals
- Athol Dickson – award-winning author. Writes suspense and “spooky thrillers.” Newest Release: Winter Haven
Well, that ought to get you started!
Happy Reading, and don’t forget: Father’s Day is this Sunday!